- Carol Welte
- 4 baking potatoes, cooked till tender; cooled
- 2 TBS (30 ml). margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) black olives, chopped
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) shredded monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml). fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red bell peppers, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Cut cooked potatoes in half; scoop out insides, leaving 1/2 inch thick shells.
- Brush inside of skins with melted margarine.
- Place skins on baking sheet, insides up; bake till crisp.
- Remove from oven.
- Fills halves with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or till cheese melts.
- Variation: Instead of mixing tomatoes with other ingredients, top skins with tomatoes just before serving.
- This was a recipe from Paul James Home Grown Cooking on HGTV.