Serves/Makes:4 or more|
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean beef stew meat
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- water, to cover all
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients over medium heat.
- Stir until well blended and beginning to brown.
- Add tomato sauce, pepper, and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until the meat is very tender.
- Serve with flour tortillas.
- This is my own recipe. The amounts listed (other than the sauce can size)
are approximations because I don't normally measure them.