- Been collecting for years. Some cook book.
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted margarine
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 wooden sticks (Can be wood dowel cut into 6 to 8 inch lengths)
- In a pie tin, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl, combine milk, egg and margarine.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until well blended.
- Batter should be thick enough to coat hot dogs.
- If batter is too thick, add milk; too thin, add flour.
- Place 2 inches of oil in a pan or deep fryer and heat to 370 degrees (200 C.).
- Insert a stick in the end of a hot dog; dip into batter to coat evenly.
- Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in a low oven until all the hot dogs are cooked.