- Armenian Pizza
- Katherine's Armenian Great Aunty Nushir...
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fine ground lamb
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fine ground beef
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced parsley
- 1 Spanish onion, diced fine
- 1 cup (225 ml) peeled/seeded tomato, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh black pepper
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 12 whole pita breads
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onion, peppers, and tomato; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for pita).
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the topping is cooking, take a sharp knife and split the pita bread in half.
- Place the pita halves on a cookie sheet and brush with a bit of olive oil.
- Spoon some of the finished topping onto the pita bread and flatten with a spatula.
- Bake the lahmajoun for 15 minutes more until browned and crispy.
- This is one of our favorite family foods...The finished lamajoun freeze very well
when wrapped in foil...later, just pop them into the oven!