- Light and airy raisin bread for a bread machine.
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:1 large loaf
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) yeast
- 3 cups (700 ml) bread flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) warm water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- Place first eight ingredients in bread pan in the order given
- (or in the order that your bread machine directions suggest).
- At the beep, add the raisins.
- Note: I needed to decrease the yeast to 1 1/4 teaspoons
because it rose so high.
I also baked it on the "Light" setting.