Serves/Makes:Makes 2 great pies
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) buttermilk, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine, melted
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 unbaked pie shells
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk.
- Add eggs and remaining buttermilk and beat at med.
- Stir in the melted margarine and vanilla.
- Divide evenly into two pie shells and top with pecans.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) F. for 10 minutes....reduce heat and bake 25-30 min longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool Completely.