- N. Glassburn
- 1 cup (225 ml) cornmeal
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar (or 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated fructose)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 4 tsp (20 ml) melted butter or margarine
- In bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix buttermilk, egg and butter.
- Combine dry and moist mixtures, then turn into greased 9 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) F. until inserted toothpick comes out clean. (About 30 minutes)