- So easy, so good, so very Italian with little effort!
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground chuck or italian sausage
- 1 27 oz (756 grm). jar pasta sauce (I use Paul Newman's tomato and fresh basil)
- 1 25 oz (700 grm). package frozen cheese ravioli
- 4 oz (112 grm). fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish optional:
- parmesan cheese
- chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- In a large skillet, brown ground chuck or italian sausage over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce and sliced mushrooms.
- In 11 x7" baking dish, evenly spoon 1 cup (225 ml) sauce mixture.
- Arrange one half package frozen cheese ravioli over sauce mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 of the remaining sauce mixture over ravioli, then top with 3/4 cup (175 ml) cheese.
- Repeat layering, ending with sauce mixtue.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until ravioli are done.
- Remove foil, top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish, if desired, with grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- This dish is wonderful when served with a salad and fresh baked Italian
Bread (bread machine mixes work well here; are delicious and great