- Meatloaf - very easy and quick and yummy
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean ground beef/veal mixed - beef only works too
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) rolled oats (soaks up most fat)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup (Heinz is the best!)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix loaf ingredients well.
- Shape into a loaf pan.
- Mix sauce and spread evenly over meatloaf.
- Cook till done, about 45 to 60 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve with mashed or home fries with lots of ketchup for your spuds!