Old Fashioned Fresh Apple Loaves
- Linda Weissert
- 1 pkg. Spice Cake Mix
- 2 large apples - peeled & finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) water (or apple cider)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour 2 9 inch x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Cool loaves in pan before removing from pans.
- Ice with canned vanilla icing, if desired.
- Got this off the back of a spice cake mix (don't remember which brand). But its been a good basic and EASY cake for many years.