- White Wings flour packet
Serves/Makes:at least 4
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour, or more as needed
- Place warm mashed potato into a bowl with egg and salt. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add enough flour to form a firm but soft dough.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll into a snake about 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces and pinch the center of each piece between thumb and finger.
- Drop gnocchi into boiling water. Simmer until it floats, remove.
- Cook remaining gnocchi a little at a time.