- The Baking Sheet - King Arthur Flour Company
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 3 cups (700 ml) bread flour
- 2-1/4 tsp (10 ml) yeast (I use granulated "bread machine" yeast.)
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan per manufacturer's recommendations.
- Select basic white bread.
- Select light crust.
- Press Start.
- Allow machine to complete cycle.
- Remove bread and cool on wire rack.
- I like this recipe so much that it is the one I now use for all my basic bread baking; I keep some on hand all the time. It makes a somewhat smaller, more compact loaf than some recipes, but slices up nicely and has a great flavor for either toast or sandwiches.