- C. Thornton
Serves/Makes:aproximately 2 cups
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) of salad oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot water
- I like to make this in a quart size jar with hand held mixer. (It's easy to make and store it in same container.)
- Break egg into jar, beat well.
- Add all ingredients except the oil and beat well.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) of oil and beat well.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) of oil at a time and beat until thick.
- The recipe calls for 1 cup (225 ml) to 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) of oil ... the less oil you use, the thicker the mayonaise will be.