- Deborah G
- 1 oz (28 grm). butter (1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) self rising flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and rind
- 2 eggs, separated
- Cream butter and sugar, add flour, mix again.
- Add juice of 2 lemons and the grated rind of 1 lemon.
- Add milk and beaten yolks.
- Whip whites until stiff then mix into other ingredients.
- Pour into buttered pie dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.) until golden brown and firm to touch.
- I think my mother got this recipe from my paternal grandmother who is now 84 years old.
She grew up and spent most of her life in country Victoria, Australia.