- Easy and quick candy
Serves/Makes:30 small squares
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sugar (granulated)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 oz (28 grm). gelatine
- 2 tsp (10 ml) rosewater OR lemon essence
- food coloring
- powdered sugar and cornstarch for dusting
- Put water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook to softball stage (about 246 degrees)
- Add gelatine (either presoaked or powdered)
- Add color and rosewater or lemon essence.
- Pour into a high sided tray lined with wax paper and dusted with a 50/50 mixture of powdered sugar and cornstarch.
- Leave to cool and set.