- bisque of lobster is similar to a stew, but is thickened with flour.
- A Feast of Soups, Jacqueline Heriteau
- 2 pounds cooked lobster meat (2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). uncooked)
- 2 cups (475 ml) cold water
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, combine lobster and water.
- Cover, bring to a simmer, and cook 30 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or a food processor, 2 cups (475 ml) at a time.
- Return to kettle, stir in milk and cream, and scald.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and stir in the flour.
- Beating constantly, add the broth and cook, stirring, until bubbly.
- Add salt and paprika to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls.