Linguini with White Clam Sauce
- 2 6.5 oz (182 grm). cans clams, minced or chopped yourself, save the clam juice.
- 8 cloves garlic,chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- Pinch of oregano or to taste
- Black pepper, ground to taste, the more the spicier the sauce. I use about 10 turns on pepper grinder.
- Fresh parsley, about 1/2 of the bunch, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). of linguine or spaghetti
- Small bottle of clam juice, could use anything up to about 14 ounces.
- Sautee garlic in the olive oil with parsley and black pepper, cook till garlic is tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add clam juice, heat till boiling.
- Add oregano pinch or to taste, simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add chopped clams, HEAT BUT DO NOT BOIL!!
- Serve with lingiune or spaghetti. You can cook pasta before making sauce and run under hot water to revive.
- When sauce is done put pasta in large serving bowl and add the sauce half at a time and toss. Serve immediately.
- You can add locatelli cheese when you toss for added flavor, the cheese gives it a nice taste.
- If you like a thicker sauce, mix a little cornstarch in clam juice and stir in while simmering.
- I never really liked white clam sauce but my Mom had this recipe and I
made it and now I love it. Hope you will too. Enjoy.