South African Health Bread
- easy health bread - everyone's favourite - freezes well
- Sharon Plett
Serves/Makes:1 large or 2 small loaves
- 16 oz (448 grm). stirred Bulgarian yoghurt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey/syrup
- 2 cups (475 ml) wholewheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) crushed wheat
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- heaped 1 tsp (5 ml) bi-carb
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of combined linseed, wholewheat kernels, bran
- In first bowl combine yoghurt and honey.
- In second bowl combine all dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to yoghurt mixture.
- Place in greased tin/s and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool in tin/s.
- This is a South African recipe which I have made constantly for years.
Everyone who tries it enjoys it.
I use smaller loaf tins and make two at a time.