Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 10 oz (280 grm). packages frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked rice
- 3 oz (84 grm). cream cheese, optional
- 12 oz (336 grm). Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 8-count package refrigerated crescent rolls
- Brown meat and onion; drain.
- Mix all ingredients together except cheese and crescent rolls.
- Butter a 9 inch x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Place crescent rolls on bottom of dish.
- Make layers by starting with spinach mixture and then a layer of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20-25 minutes.
- Casserole is not meant to be firmly set.
This is a really tasty dish and a good way to eat your spinach!