- main dish (great for a buffet)
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can condensed cream of celery soup
- 8 oz (224 grm). sour cream
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (225 ml) quick rice
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). pkg. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry with paper towels
- 8 oz (224 grm). small curd cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsifted flour
- 18 slices (about 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg).) boiled ham
- bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In small bowl, mix soup, sour cream, and mustard.
- In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup (125 ml) of soup mixture, rice, spinach, cheese, eggs, onion and flour.
- Place about heaping 2 Tbsp (30 ml). of spinach mixture on each ham slice.
- Roll up and place, close together, seam side down in 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Spoon remaining soup mixture over ham rolls; sprinkle with crumbs and paprika.
- Bake uncovered until hot, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- This was a must on my mother-in-law's menu for family get togethers.
One of everyone's favorites.