Chinese Pork and Vegetables
- 1 can (20 oz (560 grm).) pineapple chunks
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1 lb (.5 kg). boneless pork loin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger
- 1 onion, cut in wedges
- 2 medium carrots, slivered
- 1 green or red bell pepper, slivered
- 2 cups (475 ml) snow peas
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tbsp (45 ml) juice.
- Mix reserved juice with 1/2 cup (125 ml) water, soy sauce, cornstarch, vinegar and pepper flakes; set aside.
- Cut pork loin in strips and brown in hot oil.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute.
- Add onion and carrots; cook 1 minute.
- Add sauce, pineapple, bell pepper and snow peas.
- Cook until sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve with rice.