- Directions on how to mold sugar
- unknown, I've been doing this for over 30 years.
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sugar
- Put sugar in a large bowl.
- Add water a tbsp or so at a time until the sugar is damp all the way through.
- Mix throughly.
- Press firmly into your mold and compact it tightly.
- Unmold and let dry. Usually over night.
- Sugar amounts and water can be adjusted depending on what you are making.
- I make sugar Easter eggs. Use a large mold that is shaped like an egg, I fill each half of the mold, hollow it out, leaving a thick shell,with a opening at one end, then unmold, dry and decorate. It's fun! Sometimes I make several extras as they sometimes break. I stick the two halves together with royal frosting.