- Very Good Mild to Hot Chicken Casserole
- Nancy All
- 16 oz (448 grm). uncooked medium noodles
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 3 10-1/4 oz (287 grm). cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can pimiento
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped pickled hot green chili pepper (remove stem & seeds)
- 4 cups (950 ml) cooked and cut up chicken or turkey
- 3 cups (700 ml) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain.
- In large skillet, cook and stir onion in butter until tender; stir in soup, pimientos and chili peppers.
- In greased 4 quarts (3775 ml) casserole, layer half the noodles, and half the chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Add half the soup mixture and half the cheese.
- Repeat in layers.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.