- Corned Beef Stew
- 4 potatoes diced
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can stewed tomatoes, broken up
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can corned beef, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- peppe, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Place onions and potatoes in about 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) to 2 quarts (1900 ml) water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are almost done.
- Add corned beef and tomatoes and heat through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with lots of bread and butter.
- I got this recipe from my husband's mother, he had it growing
up. I was skeptical at first even as I was cooking it. It doesn't
look pretty. But as soon as I tasted it I was hooked! It's delicious.
You can add carrots, green beans or pretty much anything you like or
have left over. It's really a simple dish. Great on a cold day.