Mint Chocolate Brownie Bars
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oleo, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 can (16 oz) chocolate syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oleo, softened (again)
- 2 cups (475 ml) powder sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Cream DeMindth
- 6 oz (168 grm) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) oleo
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- Cream granulatedd sugar, eggs and 1/2 cup (125 ml) of oleo; stir in syrup
- Add flour and salt and nuts
- Pour into greased and floured 13 inch X 9 inch X 2 inch pan
- Bake @ 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 30 minutes. Cool, remove from pan.
- MINT FROSTING:
- 1/2 Combine ccup oleo, powder sugar and cream de mindth.
- Beat to spreading consistancy, Spread on brownie. Chill for a few hours.
- Melt chocolate chips and oleo. Cool slightly, spread evenly on mint frosting.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- These great brownies won first prize at my workplace bake-off.