- Spiced tea can be served hot or iced.
- K. Goins
Serves/Makes:about 2 quarts
- 4 cups (950 ml) boiling water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tea leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- Juice of 3 oranges
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole cloves
- 4 cups (950 ml) cold water
- Pour boiling water over the tea leaves.
- Let stand for a few minutes, then strain.
- Boil together sugar, whole cloves, and water until it becomes a thin syrup.
- Strain this into the tea.
- Add orange juice and lemon juice.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- This recipe came from "Colonial Fireplace Cooking & Early American Recipes" cookbook by Margaret Taylor Chalmers.