Fettuccine with Clam Sauce
- Tony Theobald
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic
- 16 oz (448 grm). minced canned clams
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fettuccine
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add olive oil and bring up to temperature over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the clams, parsley, basil, oregano, pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and wine and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine in 6 quarts (5675 ml) of lightly salted water according to package directions.
- Drain the futtuccine well and return to the pot.
- Add the clam mixture; toss lightly and serve with grated parmesan cheese.