- Tortillas prepared like pancakes
- K. Goins
Serves/Makes:One dozen tortillas
- 1 cup (225 ml) sifted flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yellow corn meal
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold water
- Combine the flour and corn meal in a mixing bowl and add salt and egg.
- Beat with a rotary beater (or mixer) while gradually adding the water.
- Spoon portions of the mixture onto a hot ungreased griddle.
- Turn each tortilla when the edges start to curl slightly.
- Do not brown.
- Cook on the other side without browning.
- From "The New York Times Heritage Cookbook."