- K. Goins
Serves/Makes:One dozen tortillas
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). salt
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). lard
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in lard.
- Mix to a dough with the water.
- Knead the dough until smooth.
- Let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
- Form dough into balls 3 inches in diameter.
- Roll each ball out into a flat shaped cake about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cook on a hot greased griddle until spotted with brown.
- Turn over and brown the other side.
- From "The New York Times Heritage Cookbook."