Bread Machine Flour Tortillas
- ABM Digest List
- 2 Cups (475 ml) bread flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) corn oil
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) (or more) water
- Place all ingredients in bread machine per mfg instructions.
- Select dough cycle, press start.
- Dough should form a nice ball; may need to add a tbsp water or flour.
- When dough cycle is complete, remove to floured board .
- Divide into 8 equal portions and roll out in round shape
- Cook tortillas in heavy skillet using a light coating of oil or pan spray.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until there are little black spots.
- Remove to plate and cover with a towel.
- Tortillas should not be stiff.
- A good recipe if you prefer not to use the traditional lard.