- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 cup (225 ml) salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chili powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded lettuce
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add salsa, mayonnaise, and chili powder; mix well.
- In a greased 2 quarts (1900 ml) baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, chips and cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Just before serving, top with tomato and lettuce.