Don's Famous Linguine and Clam Sauce
- Easy and very tasty
- Don Ingratta
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced mushrooms or 1 can-drained.
- 1 can baby clams
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 4 or 5 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 4 or 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 zuccini, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Italian herb seasoning
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, coursely chopped 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine Fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Saute garlic lightly in olive oil, add vegies, clam liquid, soup, wine, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered until reduced and thickened to desired consistency.
- Add clams, heat a bit more, and pour over 1/2 lb (.2 kg). of prepared linguine.
- Add parmesan and /or romano cheese.