- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:8 Small Sandwiches
- 4 thin slices fresh white bread
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). butter, softened
- 1large cucumber
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dried tarragon, crumbled
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut the crusts from the bread.
- Spread slices with butter.
- Peel and seed the cucumber and chop coarsly.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand in colander for 10 minutes then pat dry.
- Mix with mayonnaise and tarragon amd season to taste.
- Spread on the bread.
- Cover with second slice and cut into quarters and arrange on plate.
- For Watercress Sandwiches substitute 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped watercress for the
- cucumber, and omit the salting and draining.