Serves/Makes:1 10 lb. brisket
- 8 oz (224 grm). "Tony's Cajun Seasoning"
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) mustard
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) light brown sugar
- 1 large bottle Italian salad sressing (any brand )
- 1 10 lb (4.5 kg). beef brisket, fat removed
- Lay brisket on large piece of aluminium foil.
- Apply 2 oz (56 grm). of the Tony's to each side of the brisket and rub in.
- Apply 2 tbsp (30 ml). mustard to one side and then apply another 2 oz (56 grm). of the Tony's over the mustard and rub in.
- Turn brisket over and repeat mustard and Tony's to the other side.
- Apply 1 lb (.5 kg). of the brown sugar so that it completely covers one side with a layer that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Flip meat over and repeat on other side.
- With fat side of the meat facing up, pour entire bottle of Italian salad dressing over the brisket and seal tightly in the aluminium foil.
- While it can be cooked inside an oven, best results are obtained by cooking outside in a smoker.
- Cook at 400 degrees (200 C.) for approximately 4 hours, or until done.
- Loosen foil and allow to "smoke" for last 30 minutes of cooking.
- This is also great for pork ribs!
- Until my son brought this recipe home, I was the "King of BBQ" around here, but now he is.