- Linda Engbarth Weissert
- 6-8 nice size baking potatoes peel on, cut in half and sliced
- 2 zucchini (about 6-7" long), sliced in rounds
- 2 yellow squash (about 6-7") long, sliced in rounds
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of the same lemon
- Jane's Crazy Salt (to taste)
- oregano (also to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste, again)
- olive oil
- sliced fresh tomatoes (or canned if not in season)
- 4 oz (112 grm). feta cheese
- Toss together in a large bowl the potatoes, zucchini and squash.
- Sprinkle with zest, juice, Crazy Salt, oregano and pepper.
- Toss again and pour into a 9" x 13" glass baking dish.
- Drizzle with a good olive oil and top with sliced fresh tomatoes, covering well, and crumbled feta.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375 F for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and continue baking until lightly browned and bubbly.
- This a a light summer veggie casserole. We enjoy this in place of potatoe salad for picnics. Last year I demonstrated this dish on WQED TV in Pittsburgh for one of its fundraising cooking shows. I've had raves about the dish from everyone who has tried it. Hope you enjoy it, too.