- Rum Soaked cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans (walnuts)
- 1 package yellow cake mix (with pudding)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Bacardi dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan or 12 cups (2825 ml) bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts into bottom of pan. Mix cake ingredients and pour over
- nut in the pan. Bake 1 hour.
- Invert on serving plate.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add rum.
- Spoon and brush (with pastry brush) glaze evenly over top and sides of the cake.
- Repeat until all glaze is absorbed into the cake.
- This is a wonderful recipe given to me by a former colleague of my Husband's. The office personnel used to beg her to bring it to any functions they had.
Editors note: I don't invert my cakes--I use a 10 to 12 inch springform pan instead--I think the puffy tops look nicer! I also glaze it while it's still in the pan so the glaze doesn't run all over.
You can also use 2 4 inch springform pans to make gift-sized cakes.