Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). sherry or sherry cooking wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground ginger
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beef broth
- cooked white rice
- Cut steak across the grain, on a slight diagonal into thin strips. Better to slightly freeze, then slice.
- In a medium bowl combine sherry,garlic, soy sauce,and ginger.
- Add beef slices toss to coat, let marinte in refrigerator for an hour or two, tossing every so often. Can be made the night before and kept overnight.
- In a wok, or large skillet heat 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). oil over high heat until hot.
- Add beef and marinade and stir fry until meat looses it's red color about 3 to 5 minutes; remove beef to a plate.
- Add remaining ingedients and 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). oil to wok or skillet and heat over high heat. Add broccoli and stir fry until crisp-tender.
- Add scallions, and mushrooms, stir fry 3 minutes, return beef to wok or skillet.
- Dissolve cornstarch in beef broth and stir into wok or skillet, cook over high heat, stirring until sauce boils and thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked white rice, made in advance.
- Try with appetizers like shrimp or egg rolls. Or serve with meal with duck sauce. Hope you enjoy. Sometimes I cut all the veggies up, the night before so when I get home from work I can just cook everything. Bon Apetit!!!!