Fantastic Oven Baked Omelet
- Quick to prepare, and better yet to enjoy. Sharyn/KC
- My own experiment, doctored up a bit! :-)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped green bell pepper
- 8 oz (224 grm). bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8-10 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a 10 inch skillet melt butter, add mushrooms and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender - about 4-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In medium bowl combine milk, eggs, flour, and salt and pepper.
- With wire whisk, beat until frothy.
- Stir in 1 cup (225 ml) cheese, tomatoes, green pepper, bacon and mushrooms.
- Pour egg mixture into buttered 9 inch square baking pan, sprinkle with remaing cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set in center. (The toothpick test works well here).
- This is wonderful when served with hash browned potatoes-or-potato chunks. Home made biscuits will work well too.......ENJOY!!!!!
The Happy Chef,