Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Old Fashioned Dressing
- Paulette Munn
- 1 cup (225 ml) self-rising flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) self-rising corn meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sugar
- 6 boiled eggs (grated)
- 1 cup (225 ml) of diced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of diced onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sage
- 2 cups (475 ml) of cornbread crumbs
- 2 cups (475 ml) of chicken or turkey broth
- Mix all ingredients well and pour into a greased baking pan, 8 x 13 inch or 12 x 12 inch.
- Bake in preheated oven 425 degrees (225 C.) F. for 22 Minutes.
- Dressing: May be prepared in advance or while cornbread is baking.
- Mix all ingredients (including cornbread crumbs) in large bowl, you may need to add more brothfor moister consistency.
- Then spread out in large baking pan and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut in squares and serve hot or warm,
- This has been an old family favorite, who knows where it originated.
Serves more than 8 if cut into smaller squares.