Penne With Creamy Walnut Sauce
- Manal Saleh
- 10 oz (280 grm). steamed spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts coarsely chopped and toasted
- 2 cups (475 ml) low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) basil leaves, use dried if not available fresh
- penne pasta
- steamed broccoli or roasted red pepper
- In a food processor, mix spinach, walnuts, cottage cheese, garlic, parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Heat sauce on low.
- Boil pasta and drain.
- Toss with the sauce; add broccoli or red pepper.
- You will have a low fat pasta dish but extremely delicious.