- Julie McLaurine
- 16 oz (448 grm). penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8oz) whole kernal corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- One fourth cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Curly lettuce and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Optional-chopped chicken, shredded cheddar or monteray jack with peppers, jalepenos-chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream, can use non-fat
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa, thick and chunky
- One half tsp ground cumin-can add a little more if you want
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta, drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Combine with 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) of the dressing. Toss and chill.
- Spoon pasta onto lettuce lined platter.
- Top with beans, tomato, corn, pepper, and onion layering as you go.
- Can also add chopped chicken and/or shredded cheddar or monteray jack with peppers, and chopped jalepenos.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with remaining dressing.
- Dressing: Combine all and chill. Makes 2-1/4 cups (525 ml).