Liver and Onions with Tomato Sauce
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). or more pieces of liver
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, enough to cover bottom of skillet
- cooked egg noodles, optional
- Cut liver into strips then into bite size pieces.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Heat oil in skillet, cook liver, onions, and garlic till liver is done, no red.
- Pour in tomato sauce and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low to simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionallly.
- Used to have to eat liver years ago for anemic problem, this is the only way that I could eat it, it is very good. Tomato sauce and simmering makes liver tender, gives it a different flavor. Hope you enjoy. You can serve it over egg noodles if you want.