- Delicious,crisp cinnamon-flavoured biscuits.
- my personal recipe book
- 125 gms butter ( 1/4 lb)
- 1 cup (225 ml) castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sodium bicarbonate
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon powder
- Place butter and 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar in a bowl, and beat until light anf fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Sift together flour, self-raising flour and sodium bicarbonate, and stir into butter mixture.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- Wrap dough in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Mix together cinnamon powder and remaining sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough into small balls.
- Roll each ball into the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place the balls about 2" apart on lightly greased trays.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees (175 C.) F.) for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- If these biscuits get a bit soggy the next day, just bake them for a few minutes in a preheated oven, and cool on wire racks. They'll be as crisp as they were on the first day of baking. Always store biscuits in an airtight container.