Potato and Cabbage croquettes
- Cheesy croquettes with cabbage and potatoes and a hint of nutmeg
- Rochelle Gonsalves
- 4 medium potatoes (boiled & mashed)
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely grated cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper powder (substitute with black pepper)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) plain flour
- pinch nutmeg
- Take cabbage in a pan, and sprinkle some salt over it.
- Cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together potatoes, cooked cabbage and remaining ingredients. Shape into small croquettes, and roll each croquette into plain flour. Shallow-fry or deep-fry in oil till light golden. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any sweet-spicy sauce.