- Virginia M. Hood
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) confectioners sugar
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- confectioners sugar
- Combine shortening, confectioners sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla and nuts.
- Mix with hands until well blended.
- Roll into small balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. until light brown.
- Roll in confectioners sugar while hot.
- Got this recipe from a friend in Norfolk, Virginia. She was in the navy, an ensign. Very, good, hope you enjoy.