- Virginia M. Hood
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken bouillon
- chunk diced ham
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 sliced potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley flakes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chervil
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Put bouillon and ham in large kettle.
- Bring to boil.
- Add onion, potatoes, parsley flakes, seasoning salt and chervil.
- Simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Break up potatoes, I use my masher and do it lightly.
- Add evaporated milk and simmer for 15 minutes.
- My father was the youngest of seven children. His mother died young, and
he was assigned the job of cooking for the family. One of the recipies he
used to make.