- My Dad
- 8 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- 16 tbsp (225 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) butter or margerine (butter tastes better)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried marjoram
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried basil
- 4 5 tbsp (70 ml) dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb (.5 kg) spaghetti
- While Pasta is cooking:
- Heat half the olive oil add garlic and brown slightly.
- Add remaining olive oil, both sticks of butter and add basil and marjoram.
- When butter is melted add parsley.
- Pour immediately over drained pasta and serve.
- This is a fast, easy and delicious dish my father passed on to me. I serve it often to my family. I sometimes add leftover boneless chicken and/or broccoli florets to my dish. I precook the broccoli and add these ingredients about the same time I add in the basil and marjoram; they just need to be heated through. It makes a complete one pot meal. This recipe is also easily doubled or even quartered if you like it a bit wetter.