Home Made Bisquick Substitute
- Chuck got this somewhere, about 10 years ago
- 8 cups (1900 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) dry powdered milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) shortening
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Store air-tight in the refrigerator.
- All stores that I know of sell "Bisquick" and you can look on the box
for directions on how to use. In the Southern part of the US there is another mix by the name " Pioneer ", which I think is even better than "Bisquick"
If you can't find it in the store, ASK for it.