- 1 cup (225 ml) Carolina rice
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) milk, 8 cups
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- cinnamon sprinkled on top
- In a large pot, put in milk, sugar, rice and nutmeg.
- Let it come to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer, STIR OFTEN,(heat at least an hour).
- Meantime in a bowl beat eggs and vanilla.
- When pudding is cooked to a thick consistency fold in egg mixture.
- Pour into a large serving bowl or individual ones and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- * May add raisins with the egg mixture but I prefer it without them.
- Got this recipe from my Mom and never liked rice pudding till I ate this. Hope that you enjoy.