- Mary Sparks (my grandmother)
- 4 handfuls long grain rice
- 1 lump butter (size of walnut)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- dash salt
- Combine all ingredients except nutmeg in large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 2 hours, until lightly browned.
- Check after 1 1/2 hours as ovens vary.
- My grandmother came over from England, brought lots of great recipies.
This was always one of my favorits.
She had this every sunday like clockwork.